HIP will ensure that there is a more coherent approach to the coordination of funding for research on horticultural crops and potatoes and its translation into benefits for business and society.
Led by a Steering Group comprising of growers, policy makers, research funders and providers, suppliers and retailers HIP will deliver its ambitions through three workstreams and will establish working groups to allow partners to focus relevant expertise and resources on key areas of interest.
Initial priorities and objectives are to:
- Confirm the remit, aims and priorities of the workstreams.
- Build wider industry engagement.
- Identify mechanisms to unlock the key commercial and technological barriers to the impact of innovation.
- Evaluate the constraints impeding the flow of knowledge and technology from basic science to the supply chain.
- Establish the HIP as the point of contact and conduit for information on funding and scientific opportunities.
- Evaluate opportunities for UK engagement in the EU framework and wider international funding.